Segment - How to connect Kissmetrics
This article covers the basics of connecting Kissmetrics as a Destination in your Segment account.
To add Kissmetrics as the Destination make sure to:
- Log in to your Segment account, and navigate to Destinations;
- Inside the Destinations tab, click on the Add Destination button;
- Search for Kissmetrics in Segment’s catalog by either typing in the search bar or checking inside the Analytics category;
- Click on Kissmetrics cart;
- proceed to Configure Kissmetrics.
- Select the source you want to connect Kissmetrics to;
- Add a name of your Destination (if at any point you’ll want to change this name, you can do so later on in the destination settings);
That is it! Your base is set. Once you hit Save, you will be redirected to the destination’s Settings.
On the settings page
- Start with adding the API key.
- Click into the API key row => at the same time, in the new tab, navigate to your Kissmetrics’ Product Settings => copy your Tracking API Key => go back to the Segment’s window and insert the API Key => hit Save.
- On the Destination Settings page make sure that the other connection settings are turned ON
- As a final step, click on this Toggle to enable the Destination
From this point, you may want to proceed to checking the Setup Guide to learn the basics of Segment’s API and how it works with our data model.
Here is a direct link for your easy reference!
Updated about 1 month ago